Haverford has organized a Korean Arts Festival from October 4th through December 10th. Attendance in these events may further encourage a Korean studies and Korean language program for Bryn Mawr and Haverford students in the near future, so we strongly encourage you to make an appearance!
Here are the following events:
1. Gods, Demons and Gernerals: Icons of Korean Shamanism, by The Korean Society of New York – Stokes 102 from October 4th until November 19th.
2. In and With: Contemporary Korean Art, by Hee Sook Kim (Haverford College Assistant Professor of Printmaking) – Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery from October 22nd until December 10th.
- The Opening Reception will be held on Friday, October 22nd from 5:30 - 7:30.
3. Korean Music: Then and Now
- Heungboga: Pansori (one-person opera with percussion accompaniment) – Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery, Whitehead Campus Center on Wednesday,October 27th, 3 P.M.
- Korean Kayageum Music: Pre-concert talk by Hyo-shin Na at 4:30 P.M., Concert by a Kayageum Ensemble at 5 P.M. at Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery, Whitehead Campus Center on Thursday, October 28th.
- A Collaboration Between Korean and Western Musicians – Marshall Auditorium, Roberts Hall at 7:30 P.M. on Friday, October 29th.
All information regarding the Korean Arts Festival can be found at: http://www.haverford.edu/koreanartsfestival/